You would not believe how I often I get asked what to wear on a first date with a shifter! As if the rules of dressing for dates aren’t hard enough to maneuver, people seem to get extra freaked about this scenario. I get it, the right outfit can make you feel sexy and confident. And a faux pas could lead to awkwardness on an otherwise amazing date. If you’re going a first date the last thing you need is to worry about wearing “the wrong” thing. Fortunately, I have designed a five step system to create the perfect first date outfit for whomever you are meeting.
- Do your research. Not all shifters are the same – but you wouldn’t wear your best fur jacket with your real leather pants on a date with a vegan, would you? You wouldn’t take a kosher jew to a pork and oyster buffet? Take this as an opportunity to learn more about their values and their cultures to determine if you’re a good love match.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Nothing ruins a date like hobbling around with painful feet. Leave yourself open to adventure by sporting footwear that can go the distance.
- Show off your best features. Shiny hair? Glowing skin? A great décolletage. You’ll feel more confident and sexy if you think you look your best – regardless of what species you are meeting.
- Shifters are more sensitive to smells than people – avoid olfactory offense by going easy on the perfume (this actually good advice for dates with humans too…)
- Set yourself up to have fun. Yes, first dates are nerve wracking, but the point is to have a good time. If you’re not the right temperature, if your clothes are too tight or awkwardly fitted, you won’t be able to sit back, relax and get to know a new mate.